St Philip’s is a small church with a strong family ethos and a growing congregation which is attracting families with young children.
Our weekly worship at 9.15am on Sundays is usually a communion service with a traditional, but relaxed, feel. During the summer, a monthly service of more informal worship is held. Services are followed by refreshments.
The parish hall, adjacent to the church and car park is the permanent home of The Learning Tree Nursery, and is also used by a variety of community groups. It can also be hired for private events wedding receptions.
St Philip’s has strong links with Stubbins Residents’ Association, which holds its meetings in the church hall and a close association with St Philip’s scout group.
Stubbins is the smallest parish in the diocese and is situated in the valley bottom on the Ramsbottom to Edenfield road. The parish was created in 1927 from parts of the parishes of St John’s and Edenfield.